As a home or business owner, the last thing you want is to be forced to abandon a construction project because of contaminated soil or groundwater on your site. JAD Environmental Services offers a variety of inspections designed to make sure you know what you’re dealing with.
Soil testing for Calgary properties
JAD Environmental Services is a leading regional company for scientific soil testing and analysis. We look for the presence of lead, asbestos, mould, toxic gases and vapours, groundwater contaminants, heavy metals, petrochemical contamination, natural-source water infiltration, and other environmental pollutants or intrusive elements.
You may need soil testing if…
- You’re a commercial or residential real estate developer buying property consisting of landfill.
- You’re an individual planning to build a home on landfill whose origins are unknown.
- You’re building on a re-zoned commercial lot.
- You own or reside on a property you believe to be contaminated, because of past use or signs of pollution.
- You know there are contaminants but not which ones. This will determine how you remediate the property.
Environmental assessment & testing in Calgary
- Calgary health region clearance reports. If you have a former grow-op or drugs lab property, you need environmental clearance testing. We’ll get you ready for approval by the public health inspector.
- Environmental health inspections. Do you need to make sure your holdings are safe from contaminants, faulty chemical processes or other environmental hazards? Call us.
- Phase 1, 2 and 3 environmental site assessments. We identify any contamination issues involving your real estate holdings. We inspect the air quality, soil, groundwater and building materials for anything that could compromise your investment.
- Soil and groundwater remediation (in-situ and ex-situ). Following a phase 3 environmental assessment, JAD Environmental Services designs and implements remedial plans for recovering the full value of a property.
- Soil, gas and water analysis. For your Calgary business or home, we do soil testing and remediation to make sure your land is safe.
- Thermal imaging. You’d like to know if your building is leaking heat or where the moisture problems are? Our thermal imaging technician will tell you.
- Hazardous building material assessments / project design and specifications. Before you renovate or expand your place of operations, you may need to show proof that your property is free of asbestos, lead, mercury, PCBs, halons, CFCs, mould and silicas.
To learn more about how we can help you find and stop the environmental pollution in or on your property, contact JAD Environmental Services today.