Soil Testing and Environmental Assessment
Contaminated soil or ground-water can force a property, residential or commercial, to be abandoned until the chemicals are removed and the property is re-assessed.
Soil Testing for Commercial and Residential Properties
As a home or business owner, the last thing you want is to be forced to abandon a construction project because of contaminated soil or groundwater on your site.
Contact JAD Today for Your Assessment
Breathing in toxic mold spores is harmful and can even cause respiratory illness and autoimmune disease. Contact JAD Environmental Services as soon as possible to have your property assessed and remediated.
Get Soil Testing Done Before You Build on Your Residential or Commercial Property
JAD Environmental Services is a leading regional company for scientific soil testing and analysis. We look for the presence of lead, asbestos, mold, toxic gases and vapours, groundwater contaminants, heavy metals, petrochemical contamination, natural-source water infiltration, and other environmental pollutants or intrusive elements.
You may need soil testing for the following reasons:
- You’re a commercial or residential real estate developer buying property consisting of landfill.
- You’re an individual planning to build a home on landfill whose origins are unknown.
- You’re building on a re-zoned commercial lot.
- You own or reside on a property you believe to be contaminated, because of past use or signs of pollution.
- You know there are contaminants but not which ones. This will determine how you remediate the property.
Environmental Assessments & Testing in Calgary
Calgary Health Region Clearance Reports
If you have a former grow-op or drugs lab property, you need environmental clearance testing for which you will need environmental assessment. We’ll get you ready for approval by the public health inspector.
Environmental Health Inspections
Do you need to make sure your holdings are safe from contaminants, faulty chemical processes or other environmental hazards? Call us.
Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessments
We identify any contamination issues involving your real estate holdings. We inspect the air quality, soil, groundwater and building materials for anything that could compromise your investment.
- The Phase I Environmental Site Assessment (ESA) will be completed in general accordance with the Canadian Standards. Association (CSA) document entitled Phase I Environmental Site Assessment, CSA Standard Z768-01 including a review of readily available historical records, a review of readily accessible regulatory records, a Site visit, interviews, evaluation of information, and reporting.
- Upon completion, preparation by Environmental Engineer and Consultant of Phase 1 (ESA) Environmental Site Assessment Report (Electronic Copy) of the project.
Soil and Ground-Water Remediation (in-situ and ex-situ)
Following a phase 3 environmental assessment, JAD Environmental Services designs and implements remedial plans for recovering the full value of a property.
Soil, Gas and Water Analysis
For your Calgary business or home, we do soil testing and remediation to make sure your land is safe.
You’d like to know if your building is leaking heat or where the moisture problems are? Our thermal imaging technician will tell you.
Hazardous Building Material Assessments / Project Design and Specifications
Before you renovate or expand your place of operations, you may need to show proof that your property is free of asbestos, lead, mercury, PCBs, halons, CFCs, mould and silicas.
Contact JAD Environmental Services
With 24/7 Emergency Support, you can count on JAD Environmental Services because our team of environmental specialists are always available to assess and remediate a contamination.